db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Ostermueller Erik - eoster" <Erik.Ostermuel...@acxiom.com>
Subject Parsing sql and the QueryTreeNode
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 15:04:12 GMT
Hello all,

I'm trying to leverage the derby SQL parser in my own app, just like the
guy in this post:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/200501.mbox/%3C41
EF4326.5090103@Sourcery.Org%3E

The reply from "Kathey Marsden" suggests that you could just pump the jj
file through javacc and voilla--Instant SQL Compiler.  This really isn't
the case -- the jj file is tightly integrated with Derby.

So, perhaps you could help me with this:
Does anyone have a tester or sample code that launches a database and
submits SQL in the same vm as the db (bypassing JDBC)?

That way, my own code could instantiate the Parser and get a
QueryTreeNode in return.

Thank you,

--Erik Ostermueller

named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original message or any copy of it from your
computer system. Thank You.