db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Byford" <p_byf...@hotmail.com>
Subject derby encryption
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 20:49:32 GMT
<DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>hi,</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>i intend to deploy derby in embedded form as part of an application.
to protect the data i would like to use the disk encryption feature.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>the issue i have is that for my application to have access to the encrypted
database data I must also deploy the bootPassword with the application in among one of my
application java classes. i am concerned someone with access to the java classes will have
access to the password, and if theydesire they can therefore access the encrypted database.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>my requirement is that the data is only made available if the bootPassword
is provided by my application.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>is this possible in derby at present? the documentation does not explicitly
cover this.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>thank you</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>paul</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></div></html>