db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby and MacOS X
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 04:36:08 GMT

On May 10, 2005, at 9:02 PM, Andrew Kachalo wrote:

> After adding derby.jar and derbytools.jar to project, I tried each of
> next two lines of code, but it returns "No Class Def Found Exception
> ":
>
> Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver").newInstance();
>
> DriverManager.registerDriver (new
> org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver());
>
> How to solve this problem?

Make sure that you add the files to the lib directory of the Xcode
project. Jar files added to the lib directory will automatically be
added to the classpath for compilation and execution. To do this, right
click or control-click the lib folder underneath the main project icon
and select Add... -> Existing Files..., select derby.jar and then click
Add. Click Add in the next dialog box and you should be ready to go.

andrew