db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.rich...@mgrinformatica.com.br>
Subject Re: Very slow
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 20:23:41 GMT
Sunitha Kambhampati escreveu:

> ...I was just trying to find out if your app was using a lot of cpu or
> if it was just waiting for disk i/o to happen. I guess your app sounds
> like it is cpu bound.
>
> Sunitha.

Oh, I'm getting 100% Cpu every time I open JSP page that make queries.

One interesting point: my JSP page make obtain PK values from textual
index (using lucene). Then I execute a query by PK for each result
returned from Lucene, limited to 50 results per page.

So, for each page I execute 50 queries (open connection -> query by pk
-> Navigate resultSet -> close connection).

Regards,

--
Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
MGR Informática Ltda.