db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.rich...@mgrinformatica.com.br>
Subject Very slow
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 19:04:42 GMT
Hi!

I'm trying to embed Derby into Tomcat web apps (using Embedded driver).
But I found it's very, very slow.
My tables are not so big (majority have 10 or 20 records), and 2 have
many records (27000 in one, 436000 in other).
I have same database running at full speed using MaxDB (SapAG/MySQL
product) and MS SQL Server (Microsoft product). I have all indexes that
someone could think (I've spent several hours tweaking for MaxDB and MS
SQL several time ago, and I've found what are best fields to be indexed
for my queries).
If fields in where clauses are out of order in relation to indexes,
Derby is capable to reorganize query and use the index (like MaxDB,
PostgreSQL, MS SQL and other products)?
Is there any tips for using derby inside Tomcat? Should I use it in
Server mode?

Thanks for any tips,

--
Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter