db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Parsing sql and the QueryTreeNode
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 17:29:29 GMT
Ostermueller Erik - eoster wrote:

>The reply from "Kathey Marsden" suggests that you could just pump the jj
>file through javacc and voilla--Instant SQL Compiler.  This really isn't
>the case -- the jj file is tightly integrated with Derby.

I certainly did not mean to give that impression. I was answering the
bit asking for a pointer to how Derby parses an SQL statement. . (This
was before I learned about sniipping out the parts not relevant to my
response).  You are right. sqlgrammar.jj  is tightly integrated with
Derby.

I don't have any answers to your questions  unfortunately. I hope this
clarifies my earlier response.

Kathey