db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Philip Wilder <0505...@acadiau.ca>
Subject Re: [Eclipse] Error starting derby network server
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 16:36:19 GMT
Xavier wrote:

> Yes,
>
> The project's classpath includes :
> db2jcc_license_c.jar
> db2jcc.jar
> derby.jar
> derbynet.jar
> derbytools.jar
>
> On the other side, I cannot find the class
> 'StartDerbyServerLaunchConfigurationDelegate' in any jar of the
> eclipse plugins on my machine.. which seems to be the real problem, as
> written in the log file.
> I run the version 3.1M6.. is this class available in previous
> milestones ?
>
> Xavier
>
> Dan Scott wrote:
>
>> On 5/26/05, Xavier <xcoulon@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am currently using Eclipse 3.1M6 bundled with the WebTools project. I
>>> added the Derby plugin 10.0.2 (with the manually modified version
>>> number
>>> in the plugin.xml file), along with the IBM Cloudscape UI plugin 1.0.0
>>> to 'add erby nature' to my java project, then start and stop the derby
>>> network server. Hélas, when trying to start the network server, I
>>> get an
>>> error popup with the following message :
>>> "Error starting Derby Network Server :
>>>  Pluging com.ibm.clouscape.ui was unable to load class
>>>  com.ibm.clouscape.ui.launch.StartDerbyServerLaunchConfigurationDelegate".
>>>

>>> When i look at the .log file in the workspace's metadata directory, I
>>> get the following error :
>>>
>>> !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 1 2005-05-26 16:51:30.538
>>> !MESSAGE Plug-in com.ibm.cloudscape.ui was unable to load class
>>> com.ibm.cloudscape.ui.launch.StartDerbyServerLaunchConfigurationDelegate.
>>>
>>> !STACK 0
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>>> org/eclipse/jdt/internal/launching/JavaLocalApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate

>>> Any idea ?
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance.
>>> Xavier.
>>>

>> Does your CLASSPATH environment variable specify the required derby
>> JARs?
>>
>> Dan

The name of the missing class would make me suspect that it should be
found in the derbyui.jar. While I don't think this should need to be on
your classpath list couldn't hurt to try. If it seems the class in
question is missing from the derbyui.jar file is it possible your file
is corrupt or out of date?

Philip