db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [doc] Proposal to move 10.0 docs to a new location on the derby web site
Date Sun, 15 May 2005 03:07:16 GMT
The document move is now live on http://incubator.apache.org/derby .
When you click on the links for the version 10.0 manuals, you'll be
taken to http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0/ . A tab on that
site takes you back to the main Derby site.

I changed the layout of the navigation menu a little.  If you visited
the "prototype" site I put up last Tuesday, you might need to clear your
browser cache to see the new one.

Please post any problems you spot.

On Tue, 10 May 2005 Jean T. Anderson <jta@bristowhill.com> wrote:
> To make managing the derby web site easier, I propose moving the 10.0
> docs that are currently here:
>    http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals
> To a mini site here -- and this "prototype" site is live so you can
> review it:
>    http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0
> You might notice two main differences.
> The first difference is you won't see the "Home" and "Community" tabs on
> each page; instead, you'll see a tab that takes you back to the main
> derby site. For example, compare this old page with the proposed new page:
> http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/develop/develop15.html
> http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0/manuals/develop/develop15.html
> The second difference is old email and Jira entries that reference the
> old location will break because of the addition of the "docs/10.0" path
> in the URL.  I believe that I can fix this after the main move with
> symbolic links between the old and new locations, but there might be
> delay putting that in place.
> Comments? Is this change acceptable? Do you spot problems with it?
> If there's no opposition to this strategy (and no better proposal
> offered on derby-dev@db.apache.org) by Friday, May 13, I'll go ahead and
> make this change.
> regards,
>  -jean