db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: error when turning off autocommit
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 17:23:33 GMT
have you looked in the derby.log file?  Often this particular error is
not the actual problem, but instead the error which preceded it.
I often will execute 100,000 repeated executions of a single prepared
statement in a single transaction so 50,000 is doable -
but it may depend on what those queries do.
Attaching the whole derby.log may give a better clue as to what is
going on.

If the JVM does run out of memory then all sorts of errors can result,
did you limit the memory of the JVM with a start up parameter?