db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject [doc] Proposal to move 10.0 docs to a new location on the derby web site
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 00:15:26 GMT
To make managing the derby web site easier, I propose moving the 10.0
docs that are currently here:

    http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals

To a mini site here -- and this "prototype" site is live so you can
review it:

    http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0

You might notice two main differences.

The first difference is you won't see the "Home" and "Community" tabs on
each page; instead, you'll see a tab that takes you back to the main
derby site. For example, compare this old page with the proposed new page:

http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/develop/develop15.html
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0/manuals/develop/develop15.html

The second difference is old email and Jira entries that reference the
old location will break because of the addition of the "docs/10.0" path
in the URL.  I believe that I can fix this after the main move with
symbolic links between the old and new locations, but there might be
delay putting that in place.

Comments? Is this change acceptable? Do you spot problems with it?

If there's no opposition to this strategy (and no better proposal
offered on derby-dev@db.apache.org) by Friday, May 13, I'll go ahead and
make this change.

regards,

  -jean