db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [doc] Links to the old manuals removed from Derby web site
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 17:05:22 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>>Document corrections have been applied only to the DITA XML files, which
>>means the old manuals are no longer up to date. To reduce confusion,
>>especially for new users, I removed the links to those old manuals from
>>the Derby web site; however, they are still available in the Subversion
>>repository if we find a need for them.
>
> Aren't those manuals you removed the 10.0 manuals?

Clarification: no manuals have been removed.  Only the visible web site
navigation to them has been removed. (So links in email and Jira will
still work.)

> The DITA source doesn't apply to 10.0 does it, since there have been
> changes to the source for some of the 10.1 features.

As I understand it, the DITA source contains all the 10.0 changes plus
the 10.1 features.

> Or am I just confused?

No; I think we have something to sort out on derby-dev.

As an alternative, I could add a link on
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html that says "Click
here for the old 10.0 manuals". On a new page I could provide navigable
links to the old 10.0 manuals and make it as clear as best I can that
issues must not be logged against those files.

sound better?

  -jean