db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Derby Logo, Take Two
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 18:48:55 GMT
In the month of March we tried to select a logo for Derby, but failed to do so after some
voting oddities.  At the end of March Jeremy suggested that we table the topic until the
beginning of May:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/200503.mbox/%3c4249B044.5000703@apache.org%3e

I'd like to start up the topic of establishing firmer guidelines so at the end of the submissions
and voting, we'll actually have selected a new logo.

Listed below are some things we should discuss, and I'm sure many others I have not thought
of.

Susan

Derby Logo Rules

submission
--------------
How will submissions be handled?
Size of logo?
Restriction on images / image type?
Where will images be posted for viewing?
Will all previous submissions be considered eligible?
How long to wait for new submissions?

voting
-------
Who can vote?
How many rounds of voting?
Minimum number of votes to make it into any secondary rounds?
How to vote?  (Only one logo, or can vote for multiple logos ... up to three?)
Length of time for first (maybe only) round of voting?

Tallying
---------
Who will tally?
What determines the winner?  Simple majority,  minimum # of votes, top 3 vote-getters, etc?

Final Decision
Is the vote tally binding?
Or do the committers have the final say on the winner, based on the
results of the vote?