db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Kachalo <andrew_kach...@spymac.com>
Subject Re: Derby and MacOS X
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 04:02:59 GMT
After adding derby.jar and derbytools.jar to project, I tried each of
next two lines of code, but it returns "No Class Def Found Exception ":

Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver").newInstance();

DriverManager.registerDriver (new
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver());

How to solve this problem?

Thanks!

On May 10, 2005, at 11:16, Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On May 8, 2005, at 4:48 AM, Andrew Kachalo wrote:
>
>> Does anyone use Derby with MacOX in Xcode?
>>
>> If yes, please share your approach on installing and setup.
>
> Do you mean developing an application that uses Derby with XCode? If
> so, then just add the Derby jars to the lib directory of your Xcode
> project. After adding derby.jar to the lib directory, you'll find the
> Derby classes in the Class Browser and compiling and running your
> Derby application should be easy.
>
> If you want to work on Derby itself in Xcode, that's a more
> complicated affair. There is currently a bug in Xcode that prevents
> debugging Java console applications like ij, which limits its
> usefulness for hacking on the Derby engine or tools inside of Xcode. I
> haven't yet tried Xcode 2.0, which comes with Tiger (Mac OS X 10.4),
> to see if this bug has been fixed.
>
> andrew

==
Best Regards