db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: test
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 01:59:39 GMT
On Apr 7, 2005 6:44 PM, edencane@gmail.com <edencane@gmail.com> wrote:
> test, why ain't I gettin' no posts from this list?
> hehe :-{
> --
> ............._
> :|  .| |.|/.|_
> :|__.|_|.|\.|_
> :0421 276 282.

OK, but this may not be much help: What owner do other files created
by your app server process get?

It seems to me this is not in the hands of Derby - but files get
created by whatever user is running the process that creates it...
Hence when/if you were just using the embedded driver in a simple app,
then the owner will be whichever user started the java process. With a
servlet, I would think the app server is/starts the java process that
builds the database, and thus the owner would be the owner that starts
the app server.

Any other thoughts?

Myrna