db-derby-user mailing list archives

From SBarb...@ILSTechnology.com
Subject No current connection exception
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 11:46:29 GMT
Hi,
        I have apache derby 10.0 running on a MontaVista Linux system (3.1
Professional with Linux/i686 2.4.20)  in embedded mode.
The java level is Sun's jre 1.4.2_04.
There are around 500,000 records in a table in the DB.
I have one thread inserting rows into this table at a rate of around 50
msecs.
Another thread is periodically doing selects on this table and some
deletes.
After running for about 10 hours the thread that is inserting rows catches
a SQLException with the follwing details:

SQLError is 40000
 SQLState is 08003
 SQL Error Message is 'No current connection'

No other thread in the VM has issed a shutdown request to derby.

What conditions could cause the DB to close connections to it ? Has anyone
else seen this error before ?
The error does not occur consistently.

Thanks in advance.
Sunil.