db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kapil Bajaj <kapilba...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Urgent Help Required : Accessing DB with Derby Net Server
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:14:05 GMT
Hi All

Thanks for Prompt Response from Community

I am finally able to resolve this issue. Rather than using JDBC Driver
Class I have used another Class available which is DB2SimpleDataSource.
This has allowed me to get Connection to already running Database. Once we
get Connection we can use SQL to get Data from Table.

public static javax.sql.DataSource getDS(String database, String user,
String password) throws SQLException
{
com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2SimpleDataSource ds = new
com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2SimpleDataSource();

// DatabaseName can include Cloudscape URL Attributes
ds.setDatabaseName(database);

if (user != null)
   ds.setUser(user);
if (password != null)
   ds.setPassword(password);

// The host on which network server is running
ds.setServerName("localhost");

// port on which Network Server is listening
ds.setPortNumber(1527);

// Driver type must be 4 to access Network Server
ds.setDriverType(4);

return ds;
}

Access the Database using:
javax.sql.DataSource ds = getDS("c:/temp/TESTDB", null, null);
// Note:  user and password are required on connection
conn = ds.getConnection("ddd", "dd");

Thanks and Regards
Kapil Bajaj
India Software Labs
IBM Software Group.
Email : kapilbajaj@in.ibm.com

Michael Koester <Michael.Koester@de.ibm.com>
03/31/2005 11:15 PM
Please respond to
"Derby Discussion"

"Derby Discussion" <derby-user@db.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Urgent Help Required : Accessing DB with Derby Net Server

You might include db2jcc_license_c.jar as well into the classpath.

Michael

             Shreyas Kaushik
             <Shreyas.Kaushik@
             Sun.COM>                                                   To

                                       Derby Discussion
             31.03.2005 18:36          <derby-user@db.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

                  "Derby               Re: Urgent Help Required :
                Discussion"            Accessing DB with Derby Net Server

What is the error message you get? Details would help ...

~ Shreyas