db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kapil Bajaj <kapilba...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Urgent Help Required : Accessing DB with Derby Net Server
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:14:05 GMT
Hi All

Thanks for Prompt Response from Community

I am finally able to resolve this issue. Rather than using JDBC Driver
Class I have used another Class available which is DB2SimpleDataSource.
This has allowed me to get Connection to already running Database. Once we
get Connection we can use SQL to get Data from Table.

public static javax.sql.DataSource getDS(String database, String user,
String password) throws SQLException
com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2SimpleDataSource ds = new

// DatabaseName can include Cloudscape URL Attributes

if (user != null)
if (password != null)

// The host on which network server is running

// port on which Network Server is listening

// Driver type must be 4 to access Network Server

return ds;

Access the Database using:
javax.sql.DataSource ds = getDS("c:/temp/TESTDB", null, null);
// Note:  user and password are required on connection
conn = ds.getConnection("ddd", "dd");

Thanks and Regards
Kapil Bajaj
India Software Labs
IBM Software Group.
Email : kapilbajaj@in.ibm.com

Michael Koester <Michael.Koester@de.ibm.com>
03/31/2005 11:15 PM
Please respond to
"Derby Discussion"

"Derby Discussion" <derby-user@db.apache.org>

Re: Urgent Help Required : Accessing DB with Derby Net Server

You might include db2jcc_license_c.jar as well into the classpath.

             Shreyas Kaushik
             Sun.COM>                                                   To

                                       Derby Discussion
             31.03.2005 18:36          <derby-user@db.apache.org>

                  "Derby               Re: Urgent Help Required :
                Discussion"            Accessing DB with Derby Net Server

What is the error message you get? Details would help ...

~ Shreyas

View raw message