db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: ODBC and Security Mechanism
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:31:29 GMT
Simon wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am trying to get access to a Derby Network Server working via the
> ODBC client under Windows.
> [ snip ]
> However when I try to connect it fails and I get errors like this in
> the derby log:
>   java.lang.ClassNotFoundException is caught when initializing
>   EncryptionManager 'IBMJCE'

Can you verify that you specified the keywords "AUTHENTICATION SERVER" when you catalogged
the database?  Ex.

db2 => catalog db mydb at node mynode authentication server

If you don't specify "authentication server", the DB2 client defaults to client authentication,
which (for DB2) is
always encrypted user/password.  Thus if you're using a jvm that doesn't have encryption and
you don't specify
"authentication server", you'll get errors like what you described.

If you _are_ specifying "authentication server" and you're still having problems, could you
post more details about what
commands/statements you're using to connect, as well as the statements you used to catalog
your node and DB?  That might
help us locate where the problem is...

View raw message