db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Memory-only mode and transactions/locking
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:55:27 GMT
I have on my "like to do" plate the following:

- build a prototype in-memory store for Derby
- do some performance tests of this compared to running Derby with a
*massive* JVM cache and Derby cache and RAMdisk for disk storage.  A lot
of machines put /tmp on RAM, you don't even need to purchase special
software.
- See how they compare...

David