db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathy Saunders <kat...@mtrad.com>
Subject Re: Server questions
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:09:10 GMT
Andrew Shuttlewood wrote:

>Secondly, we would like to ship the db2 jars for derby access along with
>our (commercial) application. Is this permitted by the license agreement
>- or do we have to seek a special license with IBM?

I'm assuming that you are talking about the DB2 Universal JDBC driver
which provides the JDBC client for the network server.  If so, there is
an IBM license included with the download from IBM that allows you to
redistribute the DB2 Universal JDBC Driver free of charge; it does cover
you for a commercial product.  Having said that, I'm not a laywer, so
you should review the license with your lawyer and make sure it meets
your needs.

Regards,
Kathy