db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Edward Rayl <er...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Problems with building Derby
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:00:58 GMT

> I seem to be having problems building Derby. I am getting the error
> "java.lang not found in classpath or bootclassPath" I looked around
> the archive and tried different versions of servlet.jars as indicated
> there, but still there was no success.

Try creating a file called ant.properties containing these lines with
edits for your actual paths:

j14lib=C:/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/lib
j13lib=C:/j2sdk1.3.1/jre/lib
proceed=false
sane=false

It should be locate in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name> if you are
a Windows user, where <user name> is the name of the Windows user
running the build.  For Unix and Linux, it would be ~home.

I have used exactly the file above with success.

NOTE:  Forward slashes as shown above work for both Windows and *nix.
No escaping of the colon is necessary provided the rest of the string
uses forward slashes.