db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Problems with building Derby
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 13:11:17 GMT
Yes, I got this problem too, and it took me most of a day to figure it
out.

Are you on XP?  If so, make sure in your ant.properties file you escape
the colons and the backslashes, e.g. C\:\\my\\directory\\to\\files

That said, this has worked for others, but it didn't do squat for me.
What I finally had to do was to move (or copy) the JDK 1.4 and JDK 1.3
folders to <derby_root>/jdk141 and <derby_root>/jdk141.  After much
painful inspecting of the build scripts I determined this was the
default location the scripts were using and no matter how hard I tried I
couldn't get the scripts to listen to me and look elsewhere.

Once I did this the build worked like a charm.

David