db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <edenc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: feedback on derby
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2005 11:04:35 GMT
Hi Sergey,

I am impatient! you are right and I probably don't know enough about
JDBC SQL etc.

I think maybe it is not a good idea in general to create databases
from program code.
However, creating a database on-the-fly seems a very useful thing to
be able to do.

Tell me,
-have you tried creating a database from a servlet, including dropping
a table then creating that same table, also if you have been able to
create and destroy a database in a java servlet, then I'd like to see
the code
-where do you define the 'derby.system.home' variable from java code?

As you can see, I haven't written derby of totally and I'm interested
to see if you can supply me with examples of what I asked.

I appreciate your sticking up for derby and it heartens me to hear
that you have had success with it,

kind regards,
Luke

--