db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Arda M <marda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: derby embedded
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 04:19:48 GMT
I remember being able to use the Derby driver in Apache tomcat connection pool. But I think
I also went through the errors you are getting. Are the derby jars in your servers common
lib directory? If so, then i think the jars should not be in web-inf lib.
regards,
arda

edencane@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

thanks to all who pointed out I shouldn't be running tomcat as *root*.

I need to clarify this:
If I'm running derby using the EmbeddedDriver class,
I cannot use a connection pool?
Does that make sense, I'd tend to think so.

using this code I get a connection noprobs:
___________________________
/
Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver");
Connection con =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:/myPrgs/jav/dby10/lukeDB3");
\____________________________

however the following doesn't give me a connection
_____________________
/
Context init = new InitialContext();
Context ctx = (Context)init.lookup ("java:comp/env");
DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("jdbc/lukedb3");
Connection con = ds.getConnection ();
RESOURCES for this *are* defined in context.xml!

and complains at runtime that it:
/
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class

--