db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bernd Ruehlicke" <BRuehli...@lgc.com>
Subject Has any made a "to_char" function - similar as the Oracle verison ?
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:53:10 GMT

Hi all,

I see that we have the "CHAR" method - but I was more looking for a
function like the Oracle "to_char".

The power here is that the second argument can have a time-date format
string allowing to define how the output text string should be
generated. I.e. something alla

SELECT to_char(start_date,'YYYY-MM-DD') FROM bla....

which will return the date in the 'YYYY-MM-DD' format.

... if anybody has made such a function it would be wonderful to have
this added to the list of default function of Derby I would say. - Of
course it would not hurt to also add the "to_number" function as well

B-)