db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Dag H. Wanvik" <Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Features? Status?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:07:26 GMT

Hi Peter,

> Which ResultSet types does derby support (TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY,
> TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE, TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE)?

I just looked at this and it seems this is the present state:

             FORWARD_ONLY        SCROLLABLE_INSENSITIVE SCROLLABLE_SENSITIVE
READ_ONLY    |  OK                        OK                  No
UPDATABLE    |  in working       [Not allowed in SQL-99]      No
   Update    |  DERBY-99
   Delete    |  DERBY-98
   Insert    |  DERBY-100

Patches for JIRA issues DERBY-99 and DERBY-98 are included on head of
the development trunk. Over on the dev list, there is a proposal to
start looking at adding support for updatable, scrollable result sets
(sensitive).

> Are all the methods for scrolling supported (previous(), afterLast(),
> getRow() etc.)?

As for the methods, my impression is "yes", but I didn't look at that
in detail yet, maybe someone else can confirm it?

Thanks,

Dag