db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Eric Miller" <jemil...@uchicago.edu>
Subject Way to quote schema/table names?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:15:43 GMT
Hi,

I'm attempting to create a table which is in a schema named "at." I think
that the string "at" in some contexts is considered a reserved word, so,
it's failing. Does anyone know if there is a way to get this to work? i.e. a
way to quote the schema and table name or something?

     [java] create table at.Department (
     [java]    id integer not null generated always as identity,
     [java]    name varchar(255),
     [java]    number varchar(32),
     [java]    title varchar(255),
     [java]    primary key (id)
     [java] )
     [java] Apr 20, 2005 4:46:23 PM org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaExport
execute
     [java] SEVERE: Unsuccessful: create table at.Department (id integer not
null generated always as identity, name varchar(255), number varchar(32),
title varchar(255), primary key (id))
     [java] Apr 20, 2005 4:46:23 PM org.hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaExport
exec
     [java] SEVERE: Syntax error: Encountered "at" at line 1, column 14.

Jon