Hi -
See the section "How do I perform date arithmetic in Derby/Cloudscape?"  in the FAQ document at:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0408bradbury/

Once an addMonth function is created and defined in the DB as described in the FAQ it can be referenced in a column default.

Piet Blok wrote:
Since I am not an expert on databases I am just experimenting a bit in which Derby comes in very handy.

I am trying to create a table and set a default value for one of the columns that should be one month from now, like this:

Plan_Date Date NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_DATE + 1 MONTH,

This is not accepted. I got the idea from a site on DB2 (I hoped DB2 and Derby share the same features) http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/0211yip/0211yip3.html

Is there any other way to default to a month from now?

Piet Blok