Hey thanx guys for your efforts but nothing concrete yet :-( The dead line to choose between Derby and Daffodil's One$DB is very close... and i wanna make the right choice :)

Can someone tell me about their Data security and storage or any issues regarding them??

Thanx in advance
Edd

Satheesh Bandaram <satheesh@Sourcery.Org> wrote:
Great explanation... Are you sure you are not a lawyer? ;-)

Satheesh

Kevin Foster wrote:

> Vikas wrote:
>
> > It has been made available under LGPL
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/daffodildb/
>

> There seem to be differing opinions on whether LGPL can safely be
> distributed with other license types. Here's what Apache says about
> including LGPL code in Apache projects for example:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/Using_20LGPL_27d_20code
>
> (I've been reading the Lawrence Rosen book Open Source Licensing
> mentioned on this page. I'd recommend it as required reading for
> anyone mixing and matching software licenses.)
>
> I personally know of at least two large companies whose lawyers won't
> let their developers bundle LGPL code into regular commercial product
> distributions due to open questions in this regard. Apache License,
> EPL, CPL, BSD, and similar are all fine, but GPL and even LGPL are
> potentially incompatible with commercial software offerings.
>
> But I'm not a lawyer, so check with yours before deciding anything.
>
> -Kevin

Do you Yahoo!?