Hi,

Thank you guys (Bernd, Dan and Vikas) for sharing information. I guess that I should narrow my list and choose between Derby and Daffodil's-One$DB.

One more question, if One$DB is under LGPL so does it means that I can bundle it with my commercial software without any problem. can someone direct me where I can find more info about its licence...

Thanx,
Edd

Vikas Sharma <vikas1982_sharma@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
Hey Edd, I have some info on one$db

>As for one$db, I do not believe it is an open source database.also want to >carefully check its licence agreement to see if it suites
>your needs.
One$DB is an OS edition of Daffodil DB at sourceforge.net. It has been made available under LGPL http://sourceforge.net/projects/daffodildb/ . It can be fairly compared with Derby.

Hope this helps Edd

Vikas

Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:
Eddie Murphy wrote:

> Hi Bernd,
> Thanks for the 1 liner but can you please elaborate on the features that
> Derby has and Hsql and one$db don't. Have you tried all three..? If I
> am not wrong then even one$db can work in server and embedded.

Here's my view on hsqldb

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog_comments.jspa?blog=397&entry=71417

As for one$db, I do not believe it is an open source database. You may
also want to carefully check its licence agreement to see if it suites
your needs.

Dan.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!