db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Darcy Benoit" <darcy.ben...@acadiau.ca>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Run-off for Derby Logo : who is voting
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:29:24 GMT
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:49:11 -0800, Jean T. Anderson <jta@bristowhill.com> wrote:

> The sudden flood of votes for a specific logo yesterday looked kind of
> odd, especially the one from "noname nolastname", and I'm concerned we
> might be getting votes from people who joined the list just to cast a vote.
>
> But maybe it's just me -- has anyone else thought anything odd?

Is it possible to see how long these people have been a member of the list? If they just joined
today or yesterday, then it may be safe to ignore their votes as people who have joined just
to vote. Otherwise, they have been members (and a lurker like myself) for a long period of
time. If so, it may be best to let the votes stand. I would think that the listserv would
have some record of when people joined the list.

darcy

--
Dr. Darcy Benoit
http://cs.acadiau.ca/~dbenoit/