db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Clarifications
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:38:45 GMT
Hi Manoj,

Can you clarify the terminology for few things in your question? for
eg, I don't know what you mean by you have created a server. Also,
what is the exact jdbc url that you are using to connect to Derby?

Derby can be run in 2 modes. One is embedded mode and the other is
Network Server mode. In Network Server mode, multiple clients can
connect to Derby.

When using Derby in embedded mode, host and port numbers are not valid
attributes on the url.

Also, before the bootPassword, you need to have a ; in your url.

Sorry couldn't help you more but if you can provide some more info
about your questions, maybe someone can help more,
Mamta