db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Manoj Koshy <koshy.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Clarifications
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:47:09 GMT
Hi Mamta,

Thanks for the reply,Sorry for the question being so general.

The connection url is of format at create time for an embedded database

jdbc:derby:dbName;create=true;dataEncryption=true;bootPassword=somePWD;encryptionAlgorithm=.....

This is working very well and no hitches

I can startup the above encrypted database with
jdbc:derby:dbName;create=true;dataEncryption=true;bootPassword

This works fine as long as dbName is a hardcoded path like C:\test\testDB

Problem1
I tried a combination of relative urls to the database and cannot
connect.JRE is installed under C:\test\JRE so by right I should be
able to connect if
dbName = ../testDB .This or other combinations dont work

Problem2
Can I replace C:\test\testDB with  with some thing like
localhost:port\test\testDB

Problem 3

I can run Derby in a server mode allowing muliple connections to it.
So if I create a non encrypted database in server mode providing my ip
and start it
then I can run it without hitches.

But whenever I create a database in server mode using the additional parameter
of bootPassword. It fails complaining that the parameter for
bootPassword is incorrect.

Hope I am clearer in depicting my problem now. Thanks in advance for any help

Manoj

--
Manoj Joseph Koshy
240 Lorong Chuan,#03-03,