db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Okundaye, Derrick" <Derrick.Okund...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: Urgent Help Required : Accessing DB with Derby Net Server
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:00:33 GMT
You also need the db2jcc_license_c.jar in your class path.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kapil Bajaj [mailto:kapilbajaj@in.ibm.com]
Sent: 31 March 2005 15:58
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Urgent Help Required : Accessing DB with Derby Net Server

Hi All

I am trying to read a table from Cloudscape Database using Derby Net Server through Java Program

Every Time I run program I get the Error "No Suitable Driver"

Here is portion from Java Program

Connection connection = null;
        Driver driver = null;
        String s = "jdbc:derby:net://localhost:1527/TEST;";
        try
        {
            driver = (Driver)Class.forName("com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver").newInstance();
        }
        catch(Exception exception)
        {
            System.out.println("1");
            exception.printStackTrace();
        }
        try
        {
            DriverManager.registerDriver(driver);
            connection = DriverManager.getConnection(s, "", "");
        }
        catch(Exception exception1)
        {
            System.out.println("2");
            exception1.printStackTrace();
        }

I have made sure that db2jcc.jar is included in Classpath. I have not downloaded any jar File
only used what is available in Cloudscape By Default.

My Cloudscape Server is running and I wanted to take connection from running Server without
Stopping Server. Also I am setting derby.system.home Property to location in C Drive using
-D Option while running Java File. I am setting system.home Property to Directory where my
database is residing.

However if I use Embedded Driver DB2jDriver than my program works fine but I am getting Error
with Network Server Mode.

Please help me with this issue as this is really urgent.

Thanks and Regards
Kapil Bajaj

and inform the sender. Thank you.