db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Lichtman <swa...@rcn.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Run-off for Derby Logo : who is voting
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:04:18 GMT

>The sudden flood of votes for a specific logo yesterday looked kind of
>odd, especially the one from "noname nolastname", and I'm concerned we
>might be getting votes from people who joined the list just to cast a vote.
>
>But maybe it's just me -- has anyone else thought anything odd?
>
>  -jean

My first thought was that perhaps one person was behind all those
addresses. I didn't mention it yesterday because I didn't want to seem
paranoid. Now that someone else has brought it up, I will say that those
votes seem suspicious to me. The only thing I can think to do is to send
replies to those addresses and, if the mail bounces, to throw out the votes.

Maybe we could get Jimmy Carter to oversee our voting process.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 swazoo@rcn.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/