db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Importing data from MySQL
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:59:18 GMT
Christian Rodriguez wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to import data from a MySQL database. So far I havent been
> able to do it.
>
> What I have tried:
>
> 1. Ive used the mysql dump utility to generate a file with inserts and
> then try to run that file from ij. One of my tables contain a large
> "text" object and the inserts fail, probably because of quote or
> double quote characters.

I had some experience I posted here:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?forum=370&thread=73637&message=13695727&cat=19&q=mysql#13695727

The crux of it was I didn't find an easy way to do what I needed with
mysqlexport, because of issues with character delimitation, but was able
to do what I needed with a sql "select ... into outfile".

your mileage might vary -- please post about it!

  -jean