db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jack Klebanoff <klebanoff-de...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: In-memory database
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:53:11 GMT
Richard Boehme wrote:

> Hi there. My application will be building a database from a part of
> the file system on launch, so that file system changes can alter the
> application. I was thinking of using an in-memory database. The
> "DerbyToDo" page on incubator.apache.org has this feature listed as
> "Prototype code". Does anyone know when this might be more than
> prototype code?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard

Sorry, but I am working on other things now. So it is on the back burner.

Part of the problem is that it is IBM proprietary code. My manager, Dan
Debrunner, wants to contribute it to Apache. I don't think that anyone
at IBM would object to contributing it. However, IBM has a time
consuming process that we must follow for contributing code to open source.

Jack Klebanoff