db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LIMIT with Select Statement
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:38:11 GMT
On a personal note...

Bernd Ruehlicke wrote:

> I assume Derby has to stay in a "mode" so it is always possible to
> migrate to DB2 ? - Not that I know of this - I am just throwing the ball
> in the air to see if anyone is responding to this.

Compliance with the SQL standard and building the best damn database out
  there are more important to me.

> Anyone knows what restrictions/dependencies we have to keep in sync with
> DB2 ? - In particular with DDL statements and the possibilities to
> migrate a Derby database to DB2 ?

I have no insight into the DB2 roadmap (or Oracle's, Microsoft's or
MySQL's) and don't even use it on a daily basis. My inclination will
always be to implement something as its defined in the SQL-03 spec.

--
Jeremy