db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Clarifications
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:39:15 GMT
Manoj Koshy wrote:

>Problem 3
>
>I can run Derby in a server mode allowing muliple connections to it.
>So if I create a non encrypted database in server mode providing my ip
>and start it
>then I can run it without hitches.
>
>But whenever I create a database in server mode using the additional parameter
>of bootPassword. It fails complaining that the parameter for
>bootPassword is incorrect.

If you go to the following post :

http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200409.mbox/%3c4138B3C1.5090008@Sourcery.Org%3e

you will find good information on how database and server properties
get set on the url.

An example of the dburl to connect to an encrypted database via the network server is
connect 'jdbc:derby:net://localhost:1527/sampleDB;create=true;bootPassword=abcdefgh;dataEncryption=true:user=u1;password=p1;';

Note, the ';' after the password=p1 and the ':' after the dataEncryption=true. These are important
to get right

Sunitha.