db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Eclipse Plugin for Encypted Database
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:18:25 GMT
Ruta Kadhe wrote:

>Further to my query I would like to add the Exception which I get:
>" Connection to C:\derby_home\mytestDB failed. IWAS0126E Problems
>encountered while trying to establish
>connection Cloudscape_Embedded. Reason: 'Failed to start database
>see the next exception for details. "
>On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:21:10 +0530, Ruta Kadhe <ruta.kadhe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>I have created  Derby Database in Embedded mode. While creating
>>Database I have used following as connection URL:
Can you check to see
- if your boot password is  atleast 8 bytes long.
- if  the derby.log has any exceptions/error messages.
- Derby uses JCE for encryption, can you check if you have the
encryption provider  (jce) jars in the classpath.
btw,  which jvm are you using

I havent tried it out in eclipse, but  testing  the above url in ij ,
this is the error message I get:
ij> connect
ERROR XJ041: Failed to create database 'databaseName', see the next
exception for details.
ERROR XBM07: Startup failed, boot password must be at least 8 bytes long.

Example - Changing the password to  somePWD1 works ok.
ij> connect

Hope this helps,

>>When I use "dataEncryption=true;bootPassword=somePWD", I am not able
>>to create a New Database Connection through the Database Explorer of
>>the Eclipse Plugin.
>>When I remove the "dataEncryption=true;bootPassword=somePWD", I am
>>able to create Connection.
>>Please can someone give a solution for this?

View raw message