db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby Eclipse Plugin for Encypted Database
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:18:25 GMT
Ruta Kadhe wrote:

>Hi,
>Further to my query I would like to add the Exception which I get:
>" Connection to C:\derby_home\mytestDB failed. IWAS0126E Problems
>encountered while trying to establish
>connection Cloudscape_Embedded. Reason: 'Failed to start database
>C:\derby_home\databaseName',
>see the next exception for details. "
>Thanks,
>Ruta
>
>On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:21:10 +0530, Ruta Kadhe <ruta.kadhe@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I have created  Derby Database in Embedded mode. While creating
>>Database I have used following as connection URL:
>>jdbc:derby:databaseName;create=true;dataEncryption=true;bootPassword=somePWD

Can you check to see
- if your boot password is  atleast 8 bytes long.
- if  the derby.log has any exceptions/error messages.
- Derby uses JCE for encryption, can you check if you have the
encryption provider  (jce) jars in the classpath.
btw,  which jvm are you using

I havent tried it out in eclipse, but  testing  the above url in ij ,
this is the error message I get:
ij> connect
'jdbc:derby:databaseName;create=true;dataEncryption=true;bootPassword=somePWD';
ERROR XJ041: Failed to create database 'databaseName', see the next
exception for details.
ERROR XBM07: Startup failed, boot password must be at least 8 bytes long.

Example - Changing the password to  somePWD1 works ok.
ij> connect
'jdbc:derby:databaseName;create=true;dataEncryption=true;bootPassword=somePWD1';

Hope this helps,
Sunitha.