db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Creating DB with Derby Net Server
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 17:46:03 GMT
Mamta Satoor wrote:
> Hi Rick,
> If you goto
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=derby-dev@db.apache.org&msgId=1871157
> you will find good information on how database and server properties
> get set on the url. From a quick look at your code, I think the jdbc
> url is incorrect, and it should look like following
> jdbc:derby:net://localhost:1527/demoDB;create=true:user=usr;password=pwd;retrieveMessagesFromServerOnGetMessage=true;
> Mamta
> <snip />

The URL Mamta posted works right now, but here's the corresponding
mod_mbox URL:

Eyebrowse email archives use their own generated IDs, which aren't
persistent and are now corrupt. Apache is talking about perhaps
rebuilding the archives in mid-March. A rebuild will change all
eyebrowse IDs, so these older URLs will no longer work. For example, the
msgId=1871157 in the eyebrowse URL above will no longer be valid.

I recommend posting mod_mbox URLs instead because they use persistent ids.

The http://incubator.apache.org/derby/derby_mail.html page includes
links to the mod_mbox archives.

View raw message