db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Strong <rstr...@panix.com>
Subject Creating DB with Derby Net Server
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:41:24 GMT
Greetings,

I am having difficulty creating a database using the net server.
I start the server programmatically in a standalong pgm like this:

NetworkServerControl server = new
NetworkServerControl(InetAddress.getByName("localhost"), port);
server.start(null);
In this case port == default: 1527; also, I have tried this using
"0.0.0.0" as the host address, same results.

Then attempt to create and connect to a database:

jdbc:derby:net://localhost:1527/demoDB:user=usr;password=pwd;create=true;retrieveMessagesFromServerOnGetMessage=true;

but this fails with the following error message:

com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.DisconnectException: The application server rejected
establishment of the connection.  An attempt was made to access a
database, demoDB, which was not found.

I should mention that it works fine with an existing DB, and also works
fine in embedded mode. Have I missed something RE: directives, security,
etc?

Thanks,

Rick Strong