db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Run-off for Derby Logo : who is voting
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:47:45 GMT
I think there is something fishy too.

I started counting the votes earlier today in anticipation of the final tallying later this
evening.
I counted 44 votes, and it appears about 17 of them are from folks who have not
previously ever posted to any of the mailing lists.

Susan

Jeffrey Lichtman <swazoo@rcn.com> wrote:

>The sudden flood of votes for a specific logo yesterday looked kind of
>odd, especially the one from "noname nolastname", and I'm concerned we
>might be getting votes from people who joined the list just to cast a vote.
>
>But maybe it's just me -- has anyone else thought anything odd?
>
> -jean

My first thought was that perhaps one person was behind all those
addresses. I didn't mention it yesterday because I didn't want to seem
paranoid. Now that someone else has brought it up, I will say that those
votes seem suspicious to me.

[ snip ]
- Jeff Lichtman