db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IBM's DB2 plugin for Eclipse
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:11:36 GMT
Hi,

Unfortunately there is not a way to use this as a separate plug-in.  It does include the entire
Eclipse installation.  A few users have tried to separate out only those plug-ins actually
associated with the functionality, but they have had mixed degrees of success.

See the IBM forum post related to the DB2 plug-ins for Eclipse:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?forum=382&thread=59405&message=4101506&cat=19&q=install#4101506

Although the Apache Derby core plug-in and the IBM Integration plug-in for Derby
do not have the same browsing capability of the DB2 plug-ins for Eclipse, they do
provide the Derby tools for use within Eclipse, and they are true Eclipse plug-ins.

If you don't know about them, you need to download the Apache Derby core plug-in
from the Derby downloads page, and the Integration plug-in for Derby here:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0501cline/

Susan

Anthony Karsten <AKarsten@ISDCorporation.com> wrote:

Is there any way to get this plugin as an actual plugin instead of a complete Eclipse install?
 I would really just like to add this functionality to my current Eclipse install instead
of replace it…I thought this is what “plugin” means.

Thanks for your help.

---

Tony Karsten