db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IBM's DB2 plugin for Eclipse
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:11:36 GMT
Unfortunately there is not a way to use this as a separate plug-in.  It does include the entire
Eclipse installation.  A few users have tried to separate out only those plug-ins actually
associated with the functionality, but they have had mixed degrees of success.
See the IBM forum post related to the DB2 plug-ins for Eclipse:
Although the Apache Derby core plug-in and the IBM Integration plug-in for Derby
do not have the same browsing capability of the DB2 plug-ins for Eclipse, they do
provide the Derby tools for use within Eclipse, and they are true Eclipse plug-ins.
If you don't know about them, you need to download the Apache Derby core plug-in
from the Derby downloads page, and the Integration plug-in for Derby here:

Anthony Karsten <AKarsten@ISDCorporation.com> wrote:

Is there any way to get this plugin as an actual plugin instead of a complete Eclipse install?
 I would really just like to add this functionality to my current Eclipse install instead
of replace it…I thought this is what “plugin” means.

Thanks for your help.

Tony Karsten

View raw message