db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Arunanthisivam Vimalathithen <vimalathit...@yahoo.com>
Subject Executing multiple SQL statements withing a single Statement
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:13:40 GMT
Hi,

Derby does not seem to be supporting multiple SQL statetments that can be passed as a single
string to one Statement as in other databases (eg :- Statement.execute(CREATE table A(test
VARCHAR(64));CREATE table B(test VARCHAR(64));)). (Derby seems to error out in the semicolon
after the first CREATE statement) Is there a way around this, or must we invoke the ij tool
within the program to run the script to invoke an sql script file?

Thanks in advance,

V.