db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] First round of voting for Derby Logo - VOTE NOW CLOSED
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:03:17 GMT
I'll tally the results this evening and post them later tonight.

Susan

Susan Cline <home4slc@pacbell.net> wrote:
Voting for the Apache Derby logo

The Derby community voted to accept the rules for
choosing the Derby logo:

http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/200503.mbox/%3c20050310174321.85130.qmail@web81304.mail.yahoo.com%3e

The voting rules and ballot are below.

The voting will consist of two phases. The first
phase will be used to select the top three finalists
(unless there is a tie for number of votes there might
be more than three entries in the run-off.)

The second phase will be a run-off between the top
entries selected in the first phase.

* Everyone gets to vote.
* Only one vote per person submitted to
derby-user@db.apache.org
- please don't use a different email address to
vote twice :-)
* Vote for only one logo, or you may vote for 'none of
the above'.
* Once we call for the vote, voting will continue for
one week.
* When we call for the vote we will announce the
official deadline to jive with the one week period.
Voting will end March 17th at 5 PM PST.
* The vote will be done by email to the derby-user
mailing list.
*The top three vote getters (actual number of votes)
from the first round of votes will
be the only logos included in the second round of
voting.
However, if multiple entries tie for the top
number of votes, all of these entries
will be included in the run-off. For instance,
say 7 entries all get 20 votes, then
all 7 will be included in the run-off. Or, if
the top entry gets 20 votes and the
second most voted on logos each get 19 votes and
there are 4 of these logos,
all 5 would be included in the second round of
voting. A third example would be
the top vote getter got 20 votes, the second got
19 votes and the third got 18 votes,
with three entries getting 18 votes. Then these 5
entries would all be included in the
final round.
* For the second round of votes the highest vote
getter from the three will be the winner
of the contest overall.
* In the event the winner of the second round of
voting produces the result of
'None of the above', we will not choose a logo at
this time and wait for
more entries.
* The second round of voting will last from March 21st
- March 23rd, 5 PM PST.
* I volunteer to tally the votes.

Please mark one X next to the logo entry number you
wish to vote for as they appear at:
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/logo_contest.html

[ ] 1
[ ] 2
[ ] 3
[ ] 4
[ ] 5
[ ] 6
[ ] 7
[ ] 8
[ ] 9
[ ] 10

[ ] 11
[ ] 12
[ ] 13
[ ] 14
[ ] 15
[ ] 16
[ ] 17
[ ] 18
[ ] 19
[ ] 20

[ ] 21
[ ] 22
[ ] 23
[ ] 24
[ ] 25
[ ] 26
[ ] 27
[ ] 28
[ ] 29
[ ] 30

[ ] 31
[ ] 32
[ ] 33
[ ] 34
[ ] 35
[ ] None of the above- Let's keep trying.