db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Derby Eclipse Plugin for Encypted Database
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:23:05 GMT
Hi Ruta,

Sometimes debugging connection string problems in Eclipse can be a little bit tricky.
I use ij to help in situations like this where you can't see all of the exceptions from Eclipse.
I took your connection string and ran it in ij:

ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:databaseName;create=true;dataEncryption=true;bootPassword=somePwd';
ERROR XJ041: Failed to create database 'databaseName', see the next exception fo
r details.
ERROR XBM07: Startup failed, boot password must be at least 8 bytes long.

Then I tried it with another longer password and was successful:

ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:databaseName;create=true;dataEncryption=true;bootPasswor
d=password';

I tried this from the DB2 Plug-ins for Eclipse and was successful.

The Connection URL text field in the New Database Connection wizard window looked
like this:

jdbc:derby:encryptDB;dataEncryption=true;bootPassword=password;create=true

For questions like these a good resource is the Cloudscape Eclipse Tools forum at:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_forum.jsp?forum=382

Regards,

Susan

Ruta Kadhe <ruta.kadhe@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Further to my query I would like to add the Exception which I get:
" Connection to C:\derby_home\mytestDB failed. IWAS0126E Problems
encountered while trying to establish
connection Cloudscape_Embedded. Reason: 'Failed to start database
C:\derby_home\databaseName',
see the next exception for details. "
Thanks,
Ruta