db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Piet Blok" <pbh...@wanadoo.nl>
Subject Re: DATE manipulation
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:27:38 GMT
Thank you for the pointer Stanley, I should ofcourse have looked there in the first place.
I read it now and I think it does not look too complicated.

Piet Blok
----- Original Message -----
  From: Stanley Bradbury
  To: Derby Discussion
  Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:45 AM
  Subject: Re: DATE manipulation

  Hi -
  See the section "How do I perform date arithmetic in Derby/Cloudscape?"  in the FAQ document
at:
  http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0408bradbury/

  Once an addMonth function is created and defined in the DB as described in the FAQ it can
be referenced in a column default.

  Piet Blok wrote:
    Since I am not an expert on databases I am just experimenting a bit in which Derby comes
in very handy.

    I am trying to create a table and set a default value for one of the columns that should
be one month from now, like this:
    Plan_Date Date NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_DATE + 1 MONTH,

    This is not accepted. I got the idea from a site on DB2 (I hoped DB2 and Derby share the
same features) http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/0211yip/0211yip3.html

    Is there any other way to default to a month from now?

    Piet Blok