db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Darryl Pentz <djp_j...@hotmail.com>
Subject Database creation slow using create=true - any advice?
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:17:28 GMT
I have a tree structure in a GUI that results in a new database being created
and loaded with records when the user clicks on certain nodes.

Currently however, when the user clicks on the node, the bottleneck is when the
'create=true' call is made. This creation seems to be taking ~20secs on my
machine, whereas if the database already exists, it takes <1sec to load and
query the database.

Anybody got any ideas how I can optimize this? I haven't found anything as yet.

- Darryl