db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Possible to specify multiple JDBC drivers in ij?
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:13:08 GMT
Jonathan Eric Miller wrote:

> Thanks. I did notice that it loads the Derby driver by default. So, I
> can get it to work with Derby and one other database driver using
> ij.properties. But, I want to add a third database driver. I guess it's
> more of an issue with the ij.properties file rather than with ij itself.
> I tried putting multiple ij.driver lines in ij.properties, but, it just
> uses the last one specified. I also tried specifying multiple drivers on
> a single line space and : delimited, but, that didn't work.

There are a couple of ways to load multiple drivers.

Use the standard JDBC property jdbc.drivers, see the javadoc for
java.sql.DriverManager.

jdbc.drivers=foo.bah.Driver:wombat.sql.Driver:bad.taste.ourDriver

Use the driver command in ij, in your script.

driver 'foo.bah.Driver';
driver 'wombat.sql.Driver';

Dan.