db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Barnet Wagman <b.wag...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How to set value to Blob field of derby-made-table.
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:49:40 GMT
I always serialize the object to a byte[]  and then use
setBinaryStream(), e.g.

byte[] b = ... // serialize arbitrary object to byte[]

ByteArrayInputStream ins = new ByteArrayInputStream(b);
ps.setBinaryStream(psParamIndex, ins, b.length);

I've found this to be reliable. FYI Problems with using setObject ()
with blobs is not
specific to Derby.  I've had to use the above with MySQL and Oracle as well.

bw